Forum: Vue

Subject: V5I vs Carrara 5 Pro

gannon opened this issue on May 13, 2006 ยท 39 posts

djfilms posted Thu, 08 June 2006 at 9:49 PM

Allow me to present heresies. I have both Carrara and Vue5Inf. My conclusions: 1. Vue5 final images are superb and (for photorealistic considerations) are superior to Carrara. 2. Vue is full of bugs which hinder the creative process. 3. Vue cannot be used for professional animations, but Carrara can. (e.g. body axes for moving objects, ease-in/ease-out for each segment of an animation path in Carrara but not in Vue) 4. Render nodes in Vue are a disgrace: when a rendering is completed without a crash ( an unusual event), Vue is left in an unstable state, as are the render nodes. After a render, you MUST restart Vue and the nodes if you have a hope of doing another render. Carrara has no such instabilities. 5. Bottom line: If you have a professional production environment, do not depend on Vue. If you can tolerate crashes and instabilities, Vue produces better images. If you want flexible, easy-to-use modelling built in, use Carrara. 6. Tools are tools. Choose the one which gives you whan you want without grief. regards, David, Ottawa