Forum: Vue

Subject: anyone else hate the Advanced Function Editor?

JoeBlack opened this issue on Jun 07, 2006 ยท 20 posts

diolma posted Sat, 10 June 2006 at 6:22 PM

"What I find in tresting about the function editor is that people never got into it like people got into the Bryce deep texture editor.. There were people in the Bryce world, that would spend most of their time creating amazing textures, stuff that applied to an object would look real or better..."

I totally agree! Would it be sensible to set up a separate thread dedicated to Vue textures and how to create them? I often play around in the V5I editor, and did so again this evening (as a result of this thread), but didn't come up with anything significant, alas:-((

I'm willing to spend a bit of time, starting from "basic priciples", experimenting with/exploring the texture/materials editor, if there's a dedicated thread for that... But not otherwise, I need something to "bounce off of", or I lose interest (to my own detriment, but that's my own problem..)

Anyone interested in starting (preferably with some totally new material, using only a few nodes in "simple" mode)???

PS - If I do come up with anything interesting myself in the next few days, I'll be sure to post it, but don't hold your breath - I'm a bit of a grasshopper...

Cheers,
Diolma