Forum: Vue

Subject: anyone else hate the Advanced Function Editor?

JoeBlack opened this issue on Jun 07, 2006 · 20 posts

tradivoro posted Sun, 11 June 2006 at 1:17 AM

I've been out of the loop with Vue for a long time, so I'm not much use here... However, when I was doinga lot of projects in Vue, I always found the best results by creating my textures in other programs (photoshop, photopaint) and then bring that jpg into Vue and create a texture from that..  That's the easiest way to get  good textures, not knowing wha tyou're going to get from the functions...

I think that the problem of  creating great textures in Vue is that  nobody , including the folks at Eon, have ever come out with literature strictly dedicated to creating textures... I mean, that could take up a book on it's own...  

In Bryce, there was Susan Kitchens who wrote great manuals on all aspects of Bryce... We really need dedicated thrid party books by people who know what they're doing that will walk people step by step on how to create multiple usable textures and explain it thouroughly... But I don't think that there's ever going to be any 3rd party books for Vue... 

Also, it would be nice if  Eon updated the textures in  Vue ... I understand that in Version 5, the textures for Vue not been updated.. So, they're basically using the same textures that were used since Vue 3...