Forum: Community Center

Subject: New Gallery - Like and Dislike

drawbridgep opened this issue on Jun 13, 2006 ยท 59 posts

Gongyla posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 8:15 AM

What I like: it looks like all the adresses in my browser's bookmarks folders (artists, merchants, items,...) are still working. That is a relief. Although I like it less that a number is now replacing the artist's name. It was an easy way to know which link goes where.

What I find odd is that R. is still as slow as before. Having had to login several times can be a glitch, but slowness is a bad sign.

I would prefer personally to get the big picture directly, but I am on a fast connection, and many people aren't. So I guess it's better to take that intermediate step.

What I don't like is the "uploaded xdays, y hours, z minutes" ago instead of a simple date. It's great for a webdesigner to show that he can have time actively calculated by code, but I do not like to do the calculating myself.

As far as that nudity on the front page is concerned: I personally couldn't care less. Women will always be (luckily) the wet dream of most adolescents. But It would be great to be able to choose which gallery would open. And in fact you can (in Firefox): go to the gallery of your fancy and add it to the Bookmarks toolbar folder. You can even include a genre. Everything has a specific adress.

My conclusion: give us that promised speed increase, fix the login glitch and, if possible, the date, not the time data, and, after a bit of getting used to it, it'll be ok.