Forum: Community Center

Subject: Then...and now

wizardtim opened this issue on Jun 13, 2006 · 11 posts

wizardtim posted Wed, 14 June 2006 at 1:16 PM

Quote - tim, I dunno. it seems like things were alot worse in the old days (2002 and earlier). as to the galleries, the software is improving and users' skills are also improving. maybe looking for stuff one likes is better than trolling the galleries for things to scorn. my approach is that nobody's forcing me to click on the giant-boob images or the bondage stuff, so why spoil their fun?

I would rather see nice, well done art, than "things to scorn". My problem is, having been interested in current events for many years, I got sucked in to the current events gallery, and made the mistake of replying to some of the anti-American, anti-Christian posts that seem to be in the majority there. I admit, I didn't have to respond, but my responses were no worse than the posts. My responses were just not in line with the people who post there. That was my "crime". Since those people are not called for their outlandish comments, many of which are TOS violations, I don't bother to go there or participate.  But since the PTB tacetly approve of their anti-American rhetoric, I choose not to contribute here any longer, either by posting my art or buying anything else.