Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New galleries going live

wheatpenny opened this issue on Jun 13, 2006 ยท 69 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 12:57 AM

Hmm.. First impression:

Blinding.

I'd just gotten rid of the whiteness on the forum part of the page, only to find that it has come back to haunt me in the gallery of all places.

People... there's a reason why most art is shown on black background (think picture frames): IT LOOKS BETTER ON BLACK!

Can we PLEASE at least have the pop-up display it with a black background? If you don't want to mess up your precioussss design on the main gallery page, PLEASE at least display the pic with a proper background when zoomed.

And what's with the zoom anyway? I know a lot of sites use it, and I hate it everywhere. A lot of people are never going to bother clicking the Zoom, and thus they'll only see a reduced version of the picture. Now personally my pictures are rarely all that big, but for some who are used to posting really large pictures here, the compression will kill their images. And as it has been stated earlier in this thres: Many people will judge the pic from the non-zoomed version, either not knowing it could be better/larger , oor just not bothering - and still they can comment on it, a comment that might be inluenced by the fact that they're seeing a compressed version of a picture :(

I like a lot of the new gallery - right now, the speed is awesome, and I like that you can see how long it's been since a new pic is uploaded. Really boggles the mind when you see how many pics are upped here :o)

I don't really see the use of avatars in the gallery but I don't mind it either. I like my avvie ;o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.