Forum: Community Center

Subject: Image Resizing is really NOT a good idea

SeanE opened this issue on Jun 14, 2006 · 183 posts

SkoolDaze posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 11:06 AM

Quote - OK, the galleries are back and still seem to be operating without the 700px hard code.

So take a look and see how well the gallery image display page works with full size images.

In the CSS where it says:
.gallery_display_image_cell
insert this: 
**width: auto;
**after the {

where it says:
**.gallery_display_notes_cell
**insert this:
**width: 100%;
**after the {

where it says:
**.gallery_display_details_cell
**insert this:
**width: 20%;
**after the {

I occasionally (very rarely) get a white bar down one side, but other than that this seems to work OK in IE and Firefox.

Save your CSS first in case you don't like it or make a mistake. That's all there is to it.

Thank you for this. It looks great and I have yet to see any issues in my gallery.

~

I appreciate everything that Renderosity does. For providing us an online art gallery as well as a forum to not only discuss art, etc... but to gripe and/or discuss site issues.  It is rare indeed where a private corporation on the internet listens to not only the concerns of its paying customers, but its non-paying customers as well.

So I say this with all the best of intentions. Allow a simple change like the one quoted above to be an option. It will appease us who want to see the full sized image in one click (and for those who are clueless about CSS) while maintaining the controlled uniformity you guys are looking for. If you really want to shrink/stretch images to fit the 700px width and make it 2 clicks to view the image the artist wanted seen, it is your site, but as a consumer I would ask if you would at least entertain the idea of allowing an option so that it is one click from the thumb to the image the artist intended...

Thanks and...

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!