Forum: Community Center

Subject: Image Resizing is really NOT a good idea

SeanE opened this issue on Jun 14, 2006 · 183 posts

Shardz posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 6:24 PM

Thank you so very much PJF for the tweaks! I added those to my custom style and it works wonderfully! This is the way it should be; one click, one view. I don't think it will get any better than this...until they mess around with the code again.

As far as the site modifying our images and the legalities of it all, that definitely raises some interesting points. I don't spend all the time that I do on my work to have it anti-aliased, even my thumbnails are compressed with Ulead WebRazor and are thought out precisely to the kilobyte. Even though this is a free site, and Renderosity holds the right to run it the way they see fit, does that give them the right to duplicate, alter, and publically post our work as non-intellectual right holders of said works?

With the styles and these wonderful tweaks to the scripts that now enable the galleries to perform like they should quite efficiently, I really don't see a demand, need, or function that calls for duplicating and anti-aliasing anything whatsoever.

One click, one view. It's just that simple! I'm not sure why they are over complicating something so overly simple that is apparently already fixed, in my opinion. It's kind of like flying to Japan to eat sushi, or building a spaceship to get closer to the sun for a better tan. It just doesn't make any sence at all and I hope they take all this into consideration before the general populace rebels.