Forum: Community Center

Subject: Image Resizing is really NOT a good idea

SeanE opened this issue on Jun 14, 2006 · 183 posts

TallPockets posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 5:00 PM

jdehaven for site administrator! **

I am reminded of the old, carpenter's axiom: "Measure twice - cut once"

It appears quite obvious what the artists at this site prefer. Thumb images leading directly to full size scale images. Nothing in between. It remains to be seen what, if anything, the site mangagers will or will not do. Time will tell.

I am also reminded of a friend of mine who loaded a large, moving van. He drove all day and night to his new home. Once there, he opened the back door of the moving van. Suddenly, his stomach became sickened. He realized he had packed all his 'most important' items first -- into the extreme front of the truck. SMILE.

They say this is a 'free' site. QUESTION: Does anyone from this site receive a paycheck or any type of income compensation? Or, does everyone work actually for 'free'?

If people DO get paid, how is income generated to said people to get such paychecks?

I am operating on the assumption that someone, somehow, makes money. From one another at this site in various degrees and methods. Am I correct in that assumption?

This yearly member questionaire asking those here for their thoughts, opinions, etc, on what they would 'like' to see at this wonderful site -- Can the most recent, completed such questionaire be posted in the Community Center Forum in its own thread? As a couple year member, I would be most interested in seeing such a survey.

I find it improbable that such a survey would have asked to remove the 'ebots' notifications of uploads and such from favorite artists? Could someone verify that or not?

Being in business in my past, from my humble perspective, I find THE most sore point to be a simple one. It appears to many here over my short time at this site, that it's very members who proliferate this wonderful site and only want to make it better (for themselves and the site owners) are casually dismissed. Even in crystal clear instances where 'visual' clarity is an issue and where the great majority are telling site owners of such problems.

I have, sadly, seen this same attitude bandied about, repeatedly, in my travels at this wonderful site.

To quote a serviceman friend of mine: "The GENERAL is ALWAYS in charge. However, any good general with his salt would be a FOOL to NOT listen to his troops."

PEACE & LOVE,

My best, TallPockets

(IF this is BOLD type, sorry. I tried, repeatedly, to 'uncheck' it and go 'light/normal' but it would not allow it? LOL).  ~SIGH~

SITE OWNERS: a BIG thanks for returning the 'ebots' / favorite artists functions!