Forum: Community Center

Subject: Image Resizing is really NOT a good idea

SeanE opened this issue on Jun 14, 2006 · 183 posts

3-DArena posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 6:20 PM

Quote - As I said before, PJF's CSS fix does the trick, and I have a slim hope that R'osity will make that the default or at least a supported option.  However, I'm more concerned that the lack of responses from the admins on this thread means that they're proceeding with the BAD idea of forcing the resize at the server end, cutting the initial presentation of all of our art down to 700 pixels.

In the meantime, I'm holding off on my marketplace orders until this is resolved satisfactorily.  If you have similar feelings, I would encourage you to do so as well.  Sorry, vendors, but that's the one real stick I have available to use here.

Pity, too, because the floor tiles I wanted just went on sale.

I don't frankly care that I can edit my css (not that  do not appreciate it though)  here that is irrelevant and allows only those who know  better viewing rather than the viewing by others who don't know to make the change.

As a site aimed at artists that claims it's trying to draw more professional artists this is a bad move.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo