Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So I was thinking about Microsoft, the release of Vista and poser

Darboshanski opened this issue on Jun 17, 2006 · 46 posts

Butch posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 4:32 AM

I am a beta tester of the Vista system and have a thread here going about it.  So far, I really like the system.  It is easier on the eyes than any other windows system, the interface is really easy to use once you get use to it, I still have problems with, by trying to make it work like winxp rather than as vista.  I truly didn't think that anything could out perform winxp, but a full version of vista is going to leave winxp in the dust.  It has so many neat things going in it, that I can't wait.  This is going to be the system, I think that will be around for a long time.

I am not an employee of MS nor am I getting paid for being a beta tester.  As a matter of fact right now, being a better tester is causing me more problems in doing my stuff on my computer than it might seem it worth.  For thing, MS hasn't gotten a complete set of updates of all the drivers for the various 3rd party software as yet.  For example, my external DVD burner, won't burn new backup DVD's yet, it will play the ones that I have already, but I can't make new ones as of yet.  But that right now isn't a big problem.

The best thing about Vista as far as I am concerned it just how smoothly it makes using my computer.  Things just go more smoothly running Vista.  Oh, Poser 5 runs great on Vista actually better under Vista than under winxp.  I haven't had P5 lock up once under Vista yet and I have done things that under winxp would lock it up every time!