Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So I was thinking about Microsoft, the release of Vista and poser

Darboshanski opened this issue on Jun 17, 2006 · 46 posts

Darboshanski posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 8:38 AM

Attached Link: http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/9891/

"Vista PC should have a DVD-ROM, 1 GB of memory, a 1 GHZ CPU, and a 40GB hard drive with 15GB of available space. Over 80% of portables and 80% of business PC's do not meet this spec. This does not include Vista's video memory requirement of 256MB." This was from an article I was reading that was included in on of the posted threads here. Here is yet another article on how testers are not happy with Vista (link at top).

Everything I am reading just backs up what I read or heard before. That the program is resource hungry, bloated, top heavy, packed full of unneeded gadgets, buggy and so on. Not to be rude but I'd sure like to know what machine specs you folks running vista are using.

I ask this because there are many here that only have one PC and it runs everything As a matter of fact that goes for a lot of folks. And it's not some "decked" out super gamming machine, 100gig HD, multi processor, All the memory I can cram into, all the bells and whistles machine. Just something they can run Poser on and their favorite paint program or even a small modeling program. Vista sounds like it will eat most of this up.

And I'm sorry but MS track record of security SUCKS! A Microsoft OS is not out but a few months and the hackers have already chopped it to ribbons. Then MS sends you these daily, annoying patches and updates to try to stay ahead of the hackers. It seems the more crap MS puts into one of their OS the easier it is to hack. And if you think for one minute that this Vista is going to be any safer then feel free to unistall all your spyware, virus protection and firewalls. 'Cause it aint gonna happen.

And what version of Vista do you buy when it's out of beta and on the shelves? There is like...um..6 versions? Does this mean that if you purchase the version you can afford that you're screwed out of something you wouldn't have got if you had purchased the next version?

No, I'll sit back and observe and wait (much like I did with Poser 5) till a more stable program is created.

Micheál

My Facebook Page