Forum: Community Center

Subject: Information on the resizing images issue....

StaceyG opened this issue on Jun 19, 2006 · 148 posts

Shardz posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 10:29 PM

When I start hearing the word 'Options', and especially a few of them, I perk up quite a bit. This sounds like a very fair way of dealing with the plethora of viewing preferences for everyone here. Now I just have to find the line of code for resizing the images and remove it...if I can remember which one it was. Laffs

This will at least allow each user to personally set their references to individual comfort and I believe ultimately this is the way to go. The only other aspect I considered with this change is the fact there will not be a standard that the images will be viewed as before. But, with all things considered, I'm quite happy with this resolve, and I'm glad it came to these considerations.

Thank you very much Stacey and williamsn for listening (laffs) and bringing this issue to a resolve and putting up with so much static, especially from me. =) If we didn't love this place as our second home, we wouldn't make such a stink. But sounds like we are going the right direction.

To svdl: I understand exactly what you mean with the compression problems by posting at 1600x1200 and adhering to the file limit, and from my very first post, I just don't do it. On Ulead's site there is a fantastic product, SmartSaver Pro, which has a wonderful algorthm that will compress very large images with very little distortions or gliches. I swear by SmartSaver Pro, and given our applications here, it's pricesless. It's also amazing for web graphics applications, as well. Hope this helps. http://www.ulead.com/ssp/runme.htm