Forum: Community Center

Subject: Information on the resizing images issue....

StaceyG opened this issue on Jun 19, 2006 · 148 posts

cujoe_da_man posted Tue, 20 June 2006 at 5:03 PM

well, I will say one thing, you guys have turned me around a great deal.  I was quite upset... not at the change itself, rather the way it was implemented.  I already voiced my concern over areas of the site and I can safely say that I am impressed with the paitence you have shown to get the site to where it is now.  I am still waiting to see 100%, but as a site builder/designer, I know too well that may take a while.

I may not have agreed with the way things were working out, but I kept my mouth shut (this is actually my 4th post since this started) with the hopes that you would heed the comments/crits. of your customers... and you have.  I may not have spent as much money here or posted as many works, but I have done some of both and at least one comment is allowed.  I appreciate the time you have taken to reply to us... even the not so freindly ones.  I've been here since 2000 and haven't really had much experience with what goes on here until last year, so this is my first time with this type of change over.

I was mostly unhappy (like most people) about the gallery size, but I also knew that if this site truly cared for it's people, then something would change.  Am I happy that people will still want to veiw my work compressed?  Not entirely, but I do appreciate that I can turn that option off so that I may veiw other's works the way they intended.  I'm not lashing out at anyone who wishes to view the compressed images, that's thier own preferance, maybe two years ago I would have gone for it, but I run dual monitors at 1600x1200 and they are a real strain to see until I click zoom.

Anywho, enough of my banter and nagging.  Stacy, keep goin', I know how it feels to be the one with all fingers pointed at.  I have had a few site designs that people have said were just awful and ended up rebuilding them.  But they are my customers and I have to listen to thier needs.  As for the other guys, keep coding away, you got a lot more on your plate than I will ever have and I would not want to be in your shoes.  Thanks for putting up with all the bull$#!+.

Ok, i've vented long enough, cya later... we'll be watchin'...