Forum: Community Center

Subject: Sexist programmers ???

gillbrooks opened this issue on Jun 22, 2006 · 65 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 5:46 PM

We've got the same issue with mountain bikes -- just not at similar rates of acceleration.  The bugs don't usually smash open when they impact upon your teeth at speeds of around 20mph.

But at 70mph?  Now that would be a different story.........in that case, the insects should burst right open quite nicely.  About the only time that a mountain biker might experience something similar would be on an extreme downhill.

But I've had the pleasure of a bug or two along the way -- especially as I typically ride at night.  shrug  It's an occupational hazard.  It beats being a pilot -- and running into a bird.

Edited to add -- during my ride last night, I felt something "thunk!" on my chest -- and I looked down to discover that I had a couple of fairly large beetles crawling around & hitching a ride on my shirt.  However: that's not unusual in the trade.  It usually only bothers me when I feel something crawling on the back of my neck -- or down into the back of my shirt.  And on a night ride -- it'll happen once in awhile.

Something To Do At 3:00AM