Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Miki and Poser 5

gojira opened this issue on Jun 22, 2006 · 12 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 7:30 PM

Yes, Miki has her own geometry (Miki.obz or Miki.obj in the Runtime:libraries:Character:Miki1020 folder).

Not knowing how this MikiDoll character works, it may still be a problem.  If the character uses PMD morph injection, MorphExchange won't help - it does not handle these currently.  There may be a way to use MorphExchange on the direct Inj/Rem files by modification.  Don't really have time to sort it out as I'm in the middle of a major beta-test.

MorphExchange is a Java application - that is, it runs in Windows or MacOSX just like any executable program - it is NOT a Java applet that runs in your browser (IE, FireFox,...).  It does require that you have Java 1.4.2 or later installed for it to run.  If you are not sure if you have Java installed, run a Command Prompt window (Windows) and type "java -showversion".   If it complains, there is most likely no Java installed.  A link is provided in the readme file to download a Java install.  MacOS 10.3.4 or later comes with Java 1.4.2 or later already installed.

Run it by double-clicking on the MorphExchange.jar file.  There is also a Windows shortcut that can act as an icon to run the application.  You select the actual Poser file (e.g.: CR2 file) that has a related PMD file and the morphs within the PMD are put into the CR2 as standard morph deltas.  You can also select a folder and all Poser files with PMDs will be processed - this can also recurse into subfolders with a switch.  You can download it at this link:

http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/poser_freebies.html

I did it in Java because it would be too much time and aggravation to make both Windows and MacOS applications - and that would force me into making it commercial instead of free. :)

Robert

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone