Forum: Community Center

Subject: Gallery Stats.

Star4mation opened this issue on Jun 22, 2006 · 13 posts

Acadia posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 5:02 AM

Quote - They are displayed at the bototm of your SUMMARY page, which only YOU can view 😄

No, they aren't.   When I click "My Gallery" in the menu to the right, I am taken to a page that shows the last image I uploaded, my recent uploads, my favourite images and some of the most recent images I viewed in the gallery.

On that page there are two links for summary. One is just above the last image I uploaded  and it's called "Summary".  The other is in the top row of links and it's called "My Summary".  The "My Gallery" link in the menu to the right of this thread, the "Summary" and the "My Summary" links all take me to the same page.

There is no "Acadia's Statistics" listed at the bottom of that page.

Quote - Your recently viewed are NOT displayed at the bottom of your gallery.

Actually, yes, they are. 

Go to the galleries and click on any thumbnail.  Click on the artist's name that appears at the top of their image.  That link takes you to that artist's gallery.

On that page are thumbnails to more of their images, and at the bottom there is a nice large box that shows quite clearly their statistics.

Also, the link that takes you to that page shows "browse&user_id=XXXXXX" in the link. I'm assuming that the user ID that is being nicely displayed for all to see is the artists?

So something isn't right.

Quote - And people have ALWAYS been able to see whether or not you were online 😄. N

But not just by looking at a thread on the boards.

I have never liked the idea of a "who's online" period, even a separate area that you can do and look.  At least not without a way to opt out of it.

Not sure if you've seen my other post on this online issue, but I have gotten messages from complete strangers that I have not even seen post on the forums asking if I'd be their "friend".   It's rude to not respond, but what do you tell someone you've never "seen" around who asks you a question like that? 

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi