Forum: Community Center

Subject: Gallery Stats.

Star4mation opened this issue on Jun 22, 2006 ยท 13 posts

williamsn posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 10:44 AM

I just did what you said and, I assure you, I saw the statistics box, but NOT the recently viewed. I can only see MY recently viewed. I cannot see anyone elses. If you believe you are seeing someone else's recently viewed, by all means, take a screen shot of it and show me. I clicked on "my gallery" and saw the two images I have uploaded and my statistics. I did not see the latest images I had viewed. I clicked back then clicked on "my summary" and, once again, saw the latest images that I had viewed, but that page is only viewable by me. I then did a "by artist" and searched for "acadia". I could see your images, and your statistics, but not your most recently viewed. And, just to be sure, I clicked on one of your images, the clicked on your name to go to your gallery and saw the same thing: your images and your statistics, but not your most recnetly viewed. I respectfully stand by the fact that you are wrong on this one, Acadia. Nobody else can see your recently viewed but you. And the userid displayed in the URL poses no security risk to any members. It is simply easier (and by database standards much faster) to query info using a number rather than a name. In fact, knowing a member's username is more of a security risk than knowing their userid, because the userid is useless to another member, but the username is half of all they need to know to log in under your identity. But, of course, we aren't going to hide usernames. N

-Nicholas