Forum: Community Center

Subject: Sexist programmers ???

gillbrooks opened this issue on Jun 22, 2006 · 65 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 9:42 PM

Quote - > Quote - Perhaps there was some genetic trait in common that allowed this since, in the Star Trek mythology the universe had been seeded with common genetic material.

They didn't interbreed. With the help of a team of a dozen scientists, Spock was created thanks to the help of invitro fertilization and genetic engineering from genetic material provided by his mother and father. They were not capable of naturally creating a healthy child.

Yes, that's true!  After all, in the 25th(?) century, they wouldn't be caught dead doing things the old fashioned way, now would they? 😉

Quote - > Quote - Must have been the Universal Translators that were frequently seen in episodes and were often mentioned.

Yes, it was the translators.

Wonderful hi-tech devices, those universal translators.  Not only do they instantly translate heretofore totally unknown languages into perfectly comprehensible 20th-century style American English, but they also cause the alien speakers to lip-synch the American-English words PERFECTLY!  Amazing!  The aliens don't have to embarass themselves by looking like a badly dubbed Hong Kong kung fu movie -- with the lips saying one thing, and the dialog saying something else..........

Man, oh man -- I wish that I had me one of them there universal translators.  Then perhaps I could understand the terminology of political correctness!

Quote - > Quote - Although actress Kate Mulgrew was, at one time, a smoker, there is no evidence that Captain Janeway was ever a smoker. Janeway became a starship captain as a result of her ability and proven performance.

Right-o!

OK -- now I get it.  Captan Janeway's ancestors were smokers -- so she inherited that smoker's voice from her great grandparents.  Now it all makes sense............

😉

Something To Do At 3:00AM