Forum: Community Center

Subject: No ebots at all

Adavyss opened this issue on Jun 18, 2006 · 214 posts

vikinglady posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 12:33 AM

Quote - vikinglady, You will not get an email on every reply. You will get an email for the first reply until you return. Example. You reply and subscribe (or just subscribe) to "Joe's Thread". Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it, but you don't click on the link to visit the thread just yet. Yet another person replies ... or three or four or five or six ... but since you haven't visited the thread yet, you get no more eBots. You come back to the thread to read all the replies and your subscription is reset for you. Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it. I'm not sure exactly why you sent me that email header, but it didn't contain any information that was useful for me. Thanks anyway tho. Help is always appreciated. We're pretty sure we got the problem tapped down now. eBots in the galleries should be gradually returning to normal over the next couple of days. N

N,

This ebot system/prog seems totally different and limiting in the quantity of ebots sent.  Prior to camelot and merlin coming online, I was receiving ebots with each posting to a thread I subscribed to.

To clarify; the new system has a 1 ebot limit, and is reset each time you go to that thread from an ebot?  Or am I still confused?

VL