Forum: Community Center

Subject: Renderosity & IE

Anniebel opened this issue on Jun 29, 2006 · 17 posts

Doc000 posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 9:07 AM

I use IE on a 98 machine to browse the internet, and I've experienced the lock-up problem as well since the conversion.  It happens at least 2 or 3 times a day, and I have to manually shut the program down via the taskmanager.  In addition, anytime I open a second broswer window (or have one openend via a link, like from my mail program) for Renderosity, that second instance of IE doesn't close properly and once again I have to manually shut it down.  But this problem is worse because it will eventually cause my whole system to lock and force a reboot.

I don't have this problem with other websites, and it started THE SAME DAY the galleries got converted. You guys can push this back on the end users all you want, but there's definitely something that got screwed up during the conversion.  Almost 2 years of browsing Renderosity on the same machine with the same software without a single glitch, and then suddenly you guys switch software and the lockups begin.  I might tend to believe the "It must your computer" excuse if it happened to other websites, but it doesn't. 

I know 98 is old and not really supported anymore...I only use it to surf the web.  If the new software doesn't play nice with 98, at least tell us so we'll know.