Forum: Community Center

Subject: Full-sized view counter

Morgano opened this issue on Jul 01, 2006 · 20 posts

Morgano posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 12:25 PM

Well, I think you are saying that, if an image is not viewed full-size, then the " Full-size Views" counter doesn't get incremented.   I am talking about what happens when I view pictures with my preferences set to  "Display images full-size regardless of artist preference" (I love the idea that some artists would really rather that one didn't look at their pictures full-size).

So I find a nice Terragen scene, say, that someone has recently uploaded and it opens at full size.   At this point, the "Full-size Views" counter ought to be increased.   Hard to tell whether or not it has been, but if I close the picture and then click on it again in the gallery, surely then I should see the counter incremented ?   The fact is that I don't.

I agree with vince3 that many people probably don't notice that they are looking at a reduced version of the picture and are unaware of their own gallery options, so that the total number of views will always outnumber the ""Full-size Views" to some extent.     I just don't believe the statistics on display.