Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faster rendering?

Dorie0924 opened this issue on Jul 04, 2006 · 12 posts

Morgano posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 8:44 PM

The late and very much-lamented Irish comedian, Dave Allen, had a good explanation for why you should take care when asking directions in the Irish countryside.

"I wouldn't be starting from here," you'd hear.    "I'd start from that hill over there."

You have just bought Poser 6.   At CP prices, that's $279.99.   Now, in order to exploit the functions which your Poser is supposed to provide as supplied, Miss Nancy recommends that you buy an entirely new programme:  Carrara, or Lightwave, or Maya.   I think that the current price for a new user of basic Carrara is $249 (as against $549 for a new user of Carrara Pro).   Well, compared to the prices for Lightwave, or for Maya, I suspect that Carrara will be a bargain.

Is there any reason, though, to suppose that Poser will be slower than, e.g. Lightwave,  running on the same equipment?.   I have Carrara and I am not at all sure that a Carrara render is quicker than a Poser render.    As for Lightwave and Maya, which I don't have, given that the initial question concerned the speed of renders, is there any reason to expect Maya or Lightwave to make the slightest difference?   I am not talking about quality of renders, here, but merely about speed, which was the original subject of the thread..