Forum: Vue

Subject: Out of resources?

rainfrey opened this issue on Jul 07, 2006 · 19 posts

rainfrey posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 2:50 PM

Did you check "collapse identical materials" when importing your pz3?

Yes . . .

Also, I think you get the OOM because you want to render at such a big resolution.

No -- the current problem happens at small rez -- 550 X 700 px at 96 DPI. They are spot renders -- I do many of them for Work In Progress long before I render the big ones. And I always render the large images to disk.

If you have another computer around, even an older one, use Hypervue network rendering.

Yes, I have a few comparable systems with render cows on a small LAN connected via Firewire. If If I needed large WIP renders, I would use the network. However, render cows have been somewhat problematic since their introduction. I usually get the most trouble-free results by rendering final images to disk.

But as I said, the problem occurs on a modest image with small, partial WIP renders at low resolution.  The issue is the ability to work efficiently while developing a scene. Final renders are not the problem.

It seems like Vue uses memory once for the render, then marks it as "used" and next time takes a different chunk of RAM and marks that as 'used" and so forth, until Vue is convinced there is no memory left (even though physically there is still over 1.2 GB of RAM in the pool).

Hey Bruno, thanks for all the input.

R.

Come by and say "hello!"
http://rainer.us