Forum: Community Center

Subject: ART CHARTS OPEN!

williamsn opened this issue on Jul 10, 2006 · 40 posts

TerraDreamer posted Mon, 10 July 2006 at 6:21 PM

Quote - I'm still totally lost!  Where are these art charts and what do they do????

This is a modern day version of the now defunct Hot 20, albeit a little more fair.  No longer will you see the rediculous V throughout fractaldom and poserdom,  but you WILL see a mad rush to add images and artists to your favorites.  It'll become an "Add Me to your Favorite Images and Artists and I'll Add You, too!" lottery instead.  Soon you'll see favorite images and artists lists 785 pages long on members' homepages.  The only real improvement is that this rating is site-wide, so hopefully the effect of the "image/artist lottery" will be somewhat dimished, but I doubt it.  I'm not being negative about the gimmick, but I do know how people work.

As entirely useless as I find this feature, I'll probably be more inclined to view it than I ever was the Hot 20.  If you ask me, the only real value is the merchant column, which should be based on sales.

EDIT: Instead of seeing V in all of the comments you'll now be seeing ADD instead - LMAO!

Harmless fun I suppose :)