Forum: Community Center

Subject: No ebots at all

Adavyss opened this issue on Jun 18, 2006 · 214 posts

IgnisSerpentus posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:14 PM

:sigh: I hate to be posting this yet again, but ebots are still completely irregular.

As far as I go, people DO still get ebots from me... but not everyone, as they've complained in comments. Prog on the other hand, NEVER gets ebots sent out when he posts. Every single one of his posts have a long line of complaints from people that they dont get his ebots at all. Some saying theyre going to write to rendo about it even - thats how aggravated people are. And well, hes quite frustrated too and hasnt been posting as much due to the inconsistency of the system - Im with him all the way. Whats the point of posting when no one sees it?? I mean hell, we have our own site we could do that on. Why bother with Rendo?

I read that there are no error logs... well something is screwy somewhere. Its tiring for the people who wish to see posts and never get notified and for us, when advertising especially... we try like hell to make money or to advertise contests for people who cant afford things, who would love to try and win them instead and dont get word out coz of faulty ebots. And its completely out of our control. Im a PHP nerd too and I can tell you, an error like this would have been fixed by now on my own site. Coz I wouldnt stop til it was. Assumably, your team of PHP gurus is prolly way more experienced than I... so I just dont understand how its still broken? And as such, its really frustrating that I cant just go in and fix it myself LOL But I digress... I would certainly not assume everything is okay, when multiple people are complaining about the same thing.

Sorry for the rather long winded rant. I just had to vent and hopefully it will get fixed this time around. :(