Forum: Fractals

Subject: Art Charts

twiggypeasticks opened this issue on Jul 13, 2006 · 15 posts

missie_mandelbrot posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 9:35 AM

Michael (miwi) is number 17 in the Favourite Images list with his Fractal Seashell and it's definitely worthy of its place. It is a shame there's only one (as far as I can see) and can completely understand Judi where you are coming from. There are some very beautiful nude images that are artistic in every respect and tastefully done and then there are those that are created in a distasteful way, usually with enormous breasts, posing in a provocative manner, not in the slightest bit artistic...the reason for this I can't understand, to me it's not art, but then again, art should provoke an emotion/reaction in the viewer and that's exactly what these images do.

I try to avoid the main gallery page and go straight to the fractal gallery to avoid all the boobs and bums. If I can remember from when I first joined (correct me if I'm wrong) but you can choose not to have these nude images displayed when you login. I know this does not solve the problem about the Art Charts and Rendo will always be what it is.

I'm one person not frequenting the Fractal Gallery much these days. I don't have the time and well...find the gallery a little more laborious than before.

Overall, I think the Art Charts do contain some fantastic art and I think it's worth a look...even if you have to try to avoid all the nudity. But it would be nice to have a nudity and non-nudity chart. I'm sure many artists from the Terragen Gallery (or any other non-nudity galleries for that matter) would probably share our thoughts too.

Heather