Forum: Bryce

Subject: Hot 20 replacement?

AgentSmith opened this issue on Jul 14, 2006 · 64 posts

Cyba_Storm posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 4:11 AM

We need a change of culture in Rosity. We need people to rate any image they have a feeling about.  If you like it give it a top rating, but if you hate it nail it to the wall.  If POOR Poser images annoy you then rate them as crap. If Bryce images of WATER AND REFLECTIVE SPHERES get your back up, same deal.

We need it set up so you don't need to comment, just rate.

Don't use number of views, but peoples rating of the image. Change the rating system from 1-5 to 1-10. The top 50 images bases on average (After a minimum number of ratings.20??. ) then make the list.

Same with ARTISTS. An artist must have posted a minimum number of images. The artists with the top 50 averages make the list.

For the 3rd colomn remove Merchant, and highlight a different each month. STYLE. Sci-fi, Glamour, Military, etc.  This will encourage people to try that style, and possibly make the top 50.

Poser may tend to still dominate, but  ANY image with a high average has a chance of making the cut. A great photo, an interesting abstract, or a fantastic fractal with enough support can make the grade.

PS. I DON"T hate Poser. My FAVORITES contains Poser images. There are people who can make that program sing.  My gripe is with the lack of imagination, and skill level of the average user. I know it is hard to create props, and clothing. But you cannot take other peoples props, clothing and poses and expect the same rating as someone creating ALL of there own image. A lot of Poser users do.