Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Conforming clothes?

LuLeLuna opened this issue on Jul 14, 2006 ยท 5 posts

nomuse posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 6:10 PM

Yes. There are many tutorials out there, as well as a few software packages (and some functions in Poser itself) that will do a fairly okay job. The basics are thus: A conforming item must FIT; the object file needs to be exactly on top of the base object of the figure you are conforming to. When you create a figure in the Poser workspace, the figure will be offset in various ways. Your clothing will only work right if it starts from exactly the same position as the figure did -- NOT offset. The conforming item must have body part names that match those of the figure it is conforming to. It does not need all the parts (a pair of pants does not need hands, for instance). The conforming item needs a cr2 that contains the same joint centers and roughly the same joint parameters as the figure it will conform to. In short...if I have a conforming choker for V3, if I import the object file to my choker and the object file for V3 the two must fit without any further adjustment. I need to have an object group "neck" (or maybe "upperNeck") in my object file. And I need to have a copy of V3's bones, from head down to hip.