Forum: Community Center

Subject: So, ya ready for it?

ynsaen opened this issue on Jul 15, 2006 · 21 posts

TerraDreamer posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 11:58 AM

Quote - So asking questions or voicing concerns/complaints is like messing the carpet?

Sir, there is a difference between stirring the shit for one's pathetic personal gain versus constructive dialog between members and staff to bring about effective resolution.

Quote - Yeah man,you're right.

Well, of course!  Thanks for taking notice :)

Quote - We should all be good little robots, never questioning decisions. 

Well, I for one do not follow that ideology, nor do I feel other members here do either.  Have you been around the last several weeks during the upgrades of major components of this web site?  Were you part of the democratic process of voicing concern on the design decisions of Renderosity which, by the way, ultimately led to changes requested by its members?

No?  Why not?  Where have you been?

In the three years I’ve been a member here, there is one thing I’ve noticed about Renderosity: they seem to listen to their members, which is more than I can say for many other web sites of this nature.  Some of the changes have been controversial, but I didn’t see a reduction in membership, which at one point in time I was foolish enough to predict would happen.  And I’ve also noticed that Renderosity seems to be listening to its members even more lately.

And when do they listen?  When they and their members are not faced with useless, pointless, antagonizing drivel by rabid in-the-back-row members who it seems their only goal in life is to moan, whine, bitch and complain in a demeanor that would make Stephen King proud.

If not faced with that, they listen, and they help.

I’m somewhat well known for voicing my opinion here in the past, which, at one point, resulted in my banning.  I still do voice my opinion here, but these days I do so in a more creative, socially acceptable manner which I hope will result in change.  And when I do fly off the handle, if I realize I’m wrong, I have enough balls to go back and apologize.

But one thing I and the vast majority of other members refuse to do is troll the forums and post content which serves one purpose only: self-gratification of being a complete git.

Let’s face it, there are two types of membership here: being a productive member, or, being a vulgarian troll.  If you choose to be a vulgarian troll, don’t be surprised with Renderosity’s ultimate response.