Forum: Community Center

Subject: So, ya ready for it?

ynsaen opened this issue on Jul 15, 2006 · 21 posts

ariannah posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 1:07 PM

Quote - Let’s face it, there are two types of membership here: being a productive member, or, being a vulgarian troll.

I disagree.  With the amount of registered members here, I seriously doubt all members could fall into only two types of categories.  I'd say there are numerous categories, depending upon whether or not said member is a regular poster, lurker, drive-by participant, occasional cruiser to the fora - well, you get the idea.

With all due respect TerraDreamer (I don't know you so have no beef with you), it always gets my dander up when someone is quick to stereotype or categorize in a limited, shortcut fashion.  I personally don't fall into either of the categories you stated above.  Anyone here who knows me can attest to that statement as being true.

But back to the point of this topic.....I also fail to see why leaving Elle's original topic in place would have been a problem.  There were some pertinent and informative replies.  For this reason alone, I think keeping the thread in place, even if locked, with a response saying it had run its course wouldn't have hurt anything.

As artists, we have the responsibility to delve into the deeper workings and nature of our surroundings.  This is inherant in our nature in order to create.  With that in mind, doesn't it follow that certain things will and should be questioned?   How else are we to grow not only as artists but also as human beings?

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth