Forum: Photography

Subject: " straight & constructive comments "

tofi opened this issue on Jul 26, 2006 · 24 posts

L8RDAZE posted Wed, 26 July 2006 at 10:08 PM

From what I've been readin...there are  peeps here that are now gettin "flak" from others because its sorta   "expected" that :"they"  comment about someones image!

Well , if thats the case ,it pretty much makes commenting useless in my book! Its not... I scratch your ego....you scratch mine...is it!?!?!? Has anyone noticed that the galleries make "critique" kinda hard to do!  You're limited to only ONE comment....unless you can give cliff notes and get straight to the point...what good is that?!?! 

The majority of comments remind me of the 4th of July....non stop WOWS ....ewwws & ....AHHHS... With only a select few actually offering any kind of constructive feedback! 

I know full well that a snapshot to one person can be seen as artistic to another,,,, but IS everything posted really art...hmmmm?!?!?!

I alway though THIS forum was the place to discuss this kinda thing, but if you REALLY  look. only like 5% of the RR peeps actually come here! Thats based on the 400,000+ so called active membership that is constantly advertised!

There's no doubt that there are peeps that actually know what they are talkin about!  These members should be seen as mentors to the new artists...these are the people who give SOUND advice...not the hellos and WOWS, but real world...how to improve techniques!

Those people who have reach a certain...shall we say...status,  should USE this to SHAPE and DIRECT!

Just my 3 cents!