Forum: Photography

Subject: " straight & constructive comments "

tofi opened this issue on Jul 26, 2006 ยท 24 posts

tofi posted Thu, 27 July 2006 at 3:54 PM

Hello All. I do agree with Doug I'm respect to "dropping by to say a hello" by all means... Yes, not everybody is well versed I'm critique and English language using it with ease(including me ... English is my second language but still, I wish I could speak and write in Ilona's native language as good as she is communicating in English) I do not expect every single comment to be a masterpiece of critique. But if: beautiful, nice,splendid, bravo, etc. becomes a pattern and the only dictionary used I think we shall find better ways of commenting... Richard I hope you know by now, how much I do respect your wide knowledge and the command of English (Shakespeare's as well as Einstein's language is definitely not foreign to you ) I do recognize the teacher in you and highly skilled artist photographer. I got very valuable feedback from you, for which I'm very grateful. I'm glad that after some turbulence times you have had experience in RR, not so long ago, you finally came to the conclusion: "We have here a free gallery... which we are using". I can not agree more with this statement although my agreement may be a bit premature after being here since March 2003... only! In respect to all the "p'-ed offs..." I do not think they apply to my way of interacting with others (Did I say something to that effect in my post?.... ) To the contrary... I do respect other people motives and desires, even if they are different from my own... Human conditions are totally understandable to me. I am not after recognition, applause or popularity here ( I definitely know it's taste from some other fields rather than photography, in my development of creativity ). As far as your suggestion how to use the "energy" to help others, let me assure you I have quite good grip and direction using it in a positive way. I'm glad you are not suggesting ( even in the most polite way ) for me to find the fulfilment in other sites than RR...and at the same time wishing me a good luck !!! Furthermore I went back to my original message here and still... couldn't find in it any suggestions made by me, stating "that the gallery isn't being used for it's purpose". My Only concern was the content of the comments!. Marlene I do know, I have a choice... ( don't we all?... ) With all due respect to your personal opinion in regard to commenting, I must say I disagree with it. From the first part of your message you are just supplying the proof of, "my way or highway". Your statement: "...If you want critique you must be prepared to give it ,or state it boldly in your notes....If you want many comments you must be prepared to give many...it's really quite simple. It may be wrong,but that is simply how it works." And at the end of your post: "No one makes anyone comment,here. You do it if you want to. You upload when you want to...and there are no consequences." You are totally contradicting yourself.. well my dear friend... were are you really on this? I think, even wise diplomacy has teeth, and I will not give-in to this, because I am a simple person and as such, I like to talk straight to the point and be answered in the same way. Warmly. Tofi

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight