Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: BH's Anorexia Primer...

Blackhearted opened this issue on Jul 24, 2006 · 168 posts

pakled posted Thu, 27 July 2006 at 10:30 PM

gad..this took off..;)

Where to begin;

I think what's 'sexy' is seen as an ideal, something hard (or impossible) for most people to acheive. The reason Rubenesque was popular then was that it was hard to get fat then, so it was an ideal people strived for. Now, since everyone can get fat, skinny's the new inny..;)

Besides that, as anyone who's gotten to the p*rn areas of the web show, anything can be considered attractive. So for everyone, there's something that appeals.

I used to have a Playboy collection going from 62-96, and the foldouts from the 60's are, well, closer to 'Rubenesque' than say, the 80's. So the form changes over time.

Different cultures have different areas of attraction; I'm told Japanese men have a thing for long necks, and in West Africa, a large, er, 'bum', is the thing. But I could be wrong, or outdated.

And, surprisingly, obesity is now becoming a problem in the 3rd world as well, according to reports. Fast food is becoming universal, with the resulting consequences.

Japanese do place a high priority on conformity, they have a saying " the nail that sticks out gets hammered back in"

My daughter could get into a size 0 (US) back when she was 15. Of course now, being 7 months, those days are over..;) I didn't know they even had size 0 then.

And, as I remember (I'm just a repository of useless information..;) Marylin Monroe was a size 14, and that was back in the 50's...;)  I'm also told that  clothing manufacturers are 'relaxing' the size numbers, so a n 8  now might be a  10 or 12  20 years ago.

If I ever figure out how to get the clothes to match the model, I'll do less 'stock' images (I remember 'deflating' Dina, and then the clothes go on, and she's back to 'voluptuous'..;)

ok..that's my 2 cents..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)