Forum: Photography

Subject: " straight & constructive comments "

tofi opened this issue on Jul 26, 2006 ยท 24 posts

busi2ness posted Fri, 28 July 2006 at 12:06 AM

Renderosity offers firstly a great opportunity for constructive comments and secondly it offers the opportunity to weigh the comment for its credibility by studying the person commenting, according to his own work and biography.
Having said that, I should qualify that a submission can only be judged by a person on the same or higher level of competency. However I would like to state that there is more than ample room for a person just dropping a "WOOOW!" or "AAAH" comment. One of the artists also parttaking of this thread, made me aware of the tremendous significance of such a reaction in the commercial world.

I am aware of great artists (gut feel in some cases) being overlooked and never getting any good form of critique - which is a pity! We as members should take full responsibilty for this. Am I propagating a tit-for-tat approach, you scratch my back and I will scratch yours? No, what I may suggest is that one should look around and even comment more than the number of comments received. I still feel humble when a well established member takes cognisance of my work with a credible comment - be it well construed or just a "wow this is great!"

I would welcome more critisism, no doubt and will in future state so clearly in my accompanying comment. I will be willing to stomach whatever comes my way and appreciate it for what it's worth. After all, that person is taking valuable time to do so. If that is not 100% successful, then I rest my case and enjoy Rosity for the rest of the benefits, after all, I had my fair share of fun by the time I get around to submitting my work.

Good luck and don't forget to have fun too!

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa