Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is the best app to use for Poser render

RodB opened this issue on Jul 28, 2006 · 18 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Sat, 29 July 2006 at 2:56 AM

I find Cinema 4D to be much better and less time to get superb results.  Now, it's hard to beat Poser's shader node system (if you can master it), but firefly is slow (but adequate for the investment).  If I were on a schedule, I'd use anything other than Poser for rendering.  Of course, use the tools that you have to the maximum benefit.  And, use the tools that you have to the maximum benefit.  Cinema 4D's renderer is far superior if you have it and when time counts, there is no competition.

The original question is "What is the best app to use for Poser render".   That depends on your resources, finances, and expectations.  Since the original poster has Vue and Cinema 4D, there is a clear choice here - Cinema 4D generally, Vue if landscapes are involved, Poser as a last resort.  Sorry, if you actually rendered a scene in Poser and in C4D, you'd agree that Poser is molasses compared to C4D's supersonic jet.  I never render in Poser anymore - with my own plugins, interPoser Ltd and Pro, it is far easier and faster to render in C4D.

You can get exceptional results in Poser 6 now with IBL and AO, but if you have a choice, use the more professional choices that have the temporal and qualitative edge.

Robert

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone