Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: BH's Anorexia Primer...

Blackhearted opened this issue on Jul 24, 2006 ยท 168 posts

Blackhearted posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 11:00 AM

ive put together yet another little collage...

this one is for people who assume that any little bumps on a woman's torso are 'ribs', and also that seeing someones ribs automatically means that they are 'unhealthy' or 'anorexic'.
if i had a nickel for every time i heard 'she needs to put on some weight, i can see her ribs' id be a rich man. seeing someones ribs has more to do with their percentage of body fat than their overall health or weight class. yes, unhealthily skinny and anorexic people generally have their ribs showing. but someone can very easily be in exceptional health and still have their ribs clearly visible. many photos also have women arching their backs and inhaling to puff out their chests, thereby making their ribs more prominent. there are many people whose ribs dont show when they are standing up straight, but if they just pull their arms back a bit youd be able to count them.

the 'gasp, i can see his/her ribs, we need to fatten him/her up' mentality is so old world its not funny. its about as good an indicator of someones overall health as judging someones intelligence by the size of their head.
also, ive often seen the serratus and pectoralis muscles confused with ribs as well. so heres a little chart illustrating the difference.

btw, the sickly girl at the bottom is kate bosworth. more unhealthy actresses can be seen at www.wwtdd.com