Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: BH's Anorexia Primer...

Blackhearted opened this issue on Jul 24, 2006 ยท 168 posts

Blackhearted posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 11:41 AM

...but none of the above examples look even remotely like men with boobs.

the point i am trying to make is this -- regardless of what your personal definition of 'healthy' or 'aesthetically pleasing' is, it hardly gives you the right to call someone else anorexic simply because they may have their ribs showing.

i have my own definition of healthy and aesthetically pleasing... but it doesnt mean that if i see a woman walking down the street that doesnt match my personal ideal i will call her 'fat'. thats just wrong. and in a million years i would never go and comment on someones BBW morph - or IM them - and say it is 'disgustingly fat and you should change it immediately since this type of thing is offensive doesnt belong at renderosity'. yet apparently it is perfectly acceptable the other way around. if i posted some of the comments and IMs ive gotten on some of my morphs and changed the word 'anorexic' to 'fat', i would probably be banned from renderosity in the resulting uproar.

in this day and age it is politically incorrect to even call someone 'overweight'. what irks me is the double standard, however. where if you call someone 'overweight' its a ghastly insult, yet it is perfectly acceptable for many larger people to call anyone thinner than them anorexic or unhealthy. its this imposition of ones own ideals that disturbs me.

if you notice in this entire thread i have never imposed my own ideals on anyone, i am merely trying to get people to stop the derogatory remarks against any morph that may not fit their own ideals... and to illustrate that 'anorexic' isnt a blanket term for anyone that happens to be thin.