Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: BH's Anorexia Primer...

Blackhearted opened this issue on Jul 24, 2006 · 168 posts

Acadia posted Mon, 31 July 2006 at 2:17 PM

Quote - i have my own definition of healthy and aesthetically pleasing....i would never go and comment on someones BBW morph - or IM them - and say it is 'disgustingly fat and you should change it immediately since this type of thing is offensive doesnt belong at renderosity'. yet apparently it is perfectly acceptable the other way around. if i posted some of the comments and IMs ive gotten on some of my morphs and changed the word 'anorexic' to 'fat', i would probably be banned from renderosity in the resulting uproar.

We all have our own idea of what is attractive, true.

I also agree that people shouldn't be sending you or anyone else nasty IMs about your morphs.  You are the artist and you create to your ideal, for those that share the same ideal.

As I said above those that don't like your morphs, or anyone else's  for that matter, should just move along and find something that fits their ideal.

Quote - in this day and age it is politically incorrect to even call someone 'overweight'. what irks me is the double standard, however. where if you call someone 'overweight' its a ghastly insult, yet it is perfectly acceptable for many larger people to call anyone thinner than them anorexic or unhealthy. its this imposition of ones own ideals that disturbs me.

I don't see a double standard.  I'm on the heavy side and believe me, I hear my share of fat comments.  When I was 118 pounds I also heard my share of  "skinny" comments too.  From my perspective there is no double standard.

Quote - if you notice in this entire thread i have never imposed my own ideals on anyone, i am merely trying to get people to stop the derogatory remarks against any morph that may not fit their own ideals... and to illustrate that 'anorexic' isnt a blanket term for anyone that happens to be thin.

Understood :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi