Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: BH's Anorexia Primer...

Blackhearted opened this issue on Jul 24, 2006 ยท 168 posts

Blackhearted posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 7:19 AM

to be honest thats another pet peeve of mine
all of the people bitching about NVIATWAS renders, nude pinups, etc.

poser is a hobbyist app and most of the people using it are doing it for recreation.
so if they want to render nude pinups, or NVIATWAS renders, whats wrong with it? they all paid the price of admission so what they choose to do with the software should be up to them. if they are content creating NVIATWAS renders who are you to tell them they shouldnt be?

the galleries are full of literally thousands of comments like 'nice armor, but what warrior would wear that? its so laughably impractical'. erm.. who cares? tell that to every fantasy artist in the last 60 years, starting with frank frazetta. the point is that its 'fantasy art'. practicality takes a backseat :)

i dont like huge breasts. ya know, the gigantic implant type like this... but some of the breast morphs released in the past by wyrm for example actually dwarf those. the woman would not be able to stand up unassisted, without guylines holding her up. i wont comment on someones image to say 'ugh, those breasts are impossibly large and she wouldnt be able to stand up.. how impractical - you need to maker them smaller'. if the creator of the image likes them, and went out of their way to make them like that, then its their right to do so. this is their hobby and they can make whatever they want.
if someone paints pictures of iguanas dancing the polka in their free time, i might give them technical advice on oil painting, or even on iguana anatomy, but i wouldnt try to talk them out of painting them because i thought it was 'impractical' or 'not art'.