Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Project Fantomette

ksabers opened this issue on Jul 29, 2006 ยท 40 posts

Blackhearted posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 1:07 PM

heh
the only reason i am refraining from work on the daz preteens is because V3 and Aiko3 are free, and at this point i am confident i could morph whatever i wanted out of those two bodies and save the customer some money.
in retrospect i should have made Irina for V3 as well, but at the time i was working on her SP3 was a new alternative to V3 and V3/Aiko3 had not been made 'free' yet. right before irina was released V3 was made free.

if V4 is released, i will undoubtedly make a character for her. but if she is $40, and doesnt introduce any new completely groundbreaking joints or technology (ie: not merely more morphs and higher resolution), then i will still continue most of my work on V3 since that way it will reach the biggest userbase at the lowest price.

IMO, if anything, V4 should have a lowere res, more efficient mesh than V3 and some new rigging. itll never happen though since most north americans are under the impression that bigger is better - and a 120k poly mesh must undoubtedly be twice as good as a 60k one.
since the prospect of a redone rigging system in Poser7 is probably slim (since after the initial CL allusions i havent heard a peep about it in years, and they just updated the G2 figures), i really wish rather than offering a linear alternative to poser daz would focus on better and more complex rigging in daz studio -- and REALLY give users an alternative.