Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 6 unveiled at SIGGRAPH

agiel opened this issue on Aug 02, 2006 · 76 posts

elektra posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:55 AM

agiel - I'm sorry I missed meeting you yesterday.  I did try to find you.  :-)  This was my first time at Siggraph and wow!  What a deal!  That was freakin huge!  I mean the whole thing, wow!

I saw Richard's demo on animation which was very cool.  Then he let someone else take over, pulled me aside and showed me the new EcoSystem.  Holy Trees and Flowers, Batman!  I almost drooled on the keyboard!  Then he showed me the Translucency and egads!  He showed me the new atmosphere, the realistic clouds and the God Rays!!!!!  I swear, I thought I was going to have to light a cigarette by the time he was done.  I soooo can't wait for this.  I spoke at length to Nicholas who is a super guy and very open and friendly.  I can tell you true, I told him honestly what I really like about Vue and about the issues I had with Vue.  I was not snotty, nor was I snide.  I was open and very non-hostile and as a result, he was very receptive to what I had to say.  He felt that some of the issues I was experiencing were being addressed in Vue 6 and that there is going to be Displacement mapping support as well I believe?  Anyway, he's the type of President of a company that impresses me.  Why?  To most of the world I am a nobody, and everday average Joe who is not going to buy hundreds of licenses from him.  But he did give me his business card and asked me to email him after I've been using Vue 6 and he would like me to give him some feedback.  He said he would very much like to hear from me.  I also met ChristyK who is a really great lady.  And was also interested in what I had to say and my thoughts about Vue. 

I hit the Rendo boot and met Lillian and Clint who are totally awesome and really friendly.  Lillian is very much a southern lady.  And Clint reminds me a lot of a good friend who's a musician.

I also missed meeting Bob who created Skin Vue, I would have loved to say Hi to him as well and ask him some questions.  But I know I can catch him on-line.

Veritas - I hope like heck it does mean that.  :-)