Forum: Vue

Subject: "Nodelocked" license?

gannon opened this issue on Aug 02, 2006 ยท 73 posts

agiel posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 4:06 PM

Veritas - you are confusing me with someone who works at / for e-on. They would have to explain it. They would have to answer that question themselves. My guess is that it is a loophole in their pricing that they didn't think about. The 'vue 4 pro to vue 5 infinite' price was an upgrade path at the time of the release of vue 5 infinite. The 'vue 5 infinite now to vue 6 infinite for free' is a special offer at the occasion of a new release. They probably didn't think people would try to trick them by upgrading again a version they already upgraded a long time ago. Once again.... 'vue 4 pro' users are legally getting vue 6 infinite for $179 only if they have not already upgraded to vue 5 infinite with their version. The others (who double upgrade) are just getting advantage of the situation by doing something that should not be allowed. For the record - the people I talked to at e-on do not approve of this loophole. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something to prevent it in the future...