Forum: Vue

Subject: "Nodelocked" license?

gannon opened this issue on Aug 02, 2006 · 73 posts

LCBoliou posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 4:20 PM

Agiel, thanks for defining the "node-locked" term.  I hope it is as you've presented it, and not some activation scheme.  The term "node-locked," to me at least, suggests that the application is limited to one node, or PC.  It doesn't really suggest one PC at a time.
Poser6 already uses a kind of node based system.  You can load the application on several PCs, but can only use it on one node within a network -- unless you have purchased multiple licenses, one per PC.
If you open Poser on a PC while it is running on another PC in a network, Poser will detect the SN and will not allow you to run the second instance of the application.  This also works if you have an internet connection.  Starting the application initiates a connection check, if live, then verifies SN on a server.  If anyone else presently with an internet connection is using this SN, then the second PC will not be able to run the application, unless -- of course there is a unique SN associated with the PC.
What I don't get, is why the distinction between the 2 Vue6 I products?  Vue6 I could all simply have a "floating license," as the detection technology is in that Vue version anyway?