Forum: Vue

Subject: "Nodelocked" license?

gannon opened this issue on Aug 02, 2006 · 73 posts

agiel posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 6:23 PM

Quote - Directly from e-on's web site:
A Node-Locked License is specific to your computer (it is locked to it during the registration process). Node-Locked Licenses are typically used if you are using xStream Bundle on a single computer. You can also use Node-Locked Licenses for several computers, but each single License will have to be locked to a single computer.

Sounds like activation control to me.  You register each node-locked copy to one specific node (PC).  If you want to install on several PCs, you will need several licensed copies of Vue6 Infinite.

If you look at this quote, all it says really is that a license will be locked to a single machine. It is not incompatible with what I said... it will depend on what e-on means by one machine. If it is as I understood from talking to them, they mean it as in 'one machine at a time'. If you have a desktop and a laptop, you should still be able to install the same license on both machines. Run them one at a time on a network, they will run fine. Run both of them at a time, one will detect the other is already running and kick you out. Once again this is a mechanism to force professional shops to choose between a fixed number of license or something more flexible, at a higher cost. I don't see how it would change what we are doing as individual users.