Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What are we called?

Chippsyann opened this issue on Aug 02, 2006 · 45 posts

amacord posted Fri, 04 August 2006 at 8:09 AM

me and my big mouth again....

i´ve stepped on your toes, tom, and i am sorry for that. i didn´t mean to, and i have no reason to. please forgive me.

english is only my second language, and unfortunately it happens again and again, that the most innocent word brings me into trouble...."be good", as i understand it, is simply a phrase of wishing well, like "farewell", " good night" or "enjoy your holidays". i did not mean it as:"...and now sit down, young man, and eat your porridge!" .....ok?ok.

you know, i never posted to an "art"-thread and actually i was your "1000+" to attract my attention.

there were three things i wanted to express:

1. my POV, of which i was (and am) sure, that the majority would accept it without a second guess. well, no problem so far...

2. what is so important about this art-thing? we create a little bit, buy a little bit, we look at each other´s images with envy or relief, we´re having a good time with this CG, right? we have a hobby and we enjoy it! isn´t that enough? isn´t it more than most people have? so why do we have to crown ourselves with this word "artist"?

3. we´ve had that theme a 1000+ times already. we know each other´s arguments and we know, that at some point someone gets a bit emotional. deja vu. for me it is like watching the same peanuts-episode again and again.

that´s it, tom!

everything cool?

Andi