Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What are we called?

Chippsyann opened this issue on Aug 02, 2006 · 45 posts

swordman10 posted Fri, 04 August 2006 at 5:19 PM

I believe an artist is an individual who uses a particular medium to express themselves. There are various different tools that people can use to express ideas, concepts and images and I feel that they are all valid.

Whetther you use that medium to produce good 'art' is a matter of opinion and as such is highly subjective, though it can be very obvious when crap is being produced.

The argument about which package is better etc, or produces better 'art' is one that rages through every area where people undertake an activity that ends with a visual result.

I have been a practicing Martial 'artist'  for 23 years and teaching sword fighting for 13 years the same arguments and opinions rage through that hobby. As a discipline it takes a lifetime to perfect the skills required to use a weapon well, the same can be said for visual meduims too, as david said there is a craft invovled in what we do, which can take a lifetime to learn.

Dont shy away from calling yourself's artists for that is what you are. Whether you produce good 'art' or not that's the real question and of course is a matter of opinion.

NM.