Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: chops, roast, and ribs - how to do joints in Poser 4

pakled opened this issue on Aug 04, 2006 ยท 25 posts

pakled posted Sat, 05 August 2006 at 8:57 PM

I ran Phi Builder, which seemed to have no problems (ran the test). I think I have about 6 different pieces of the puzzle, and no idea how to put them together.

1. CR2 idea - copied Dorks', renamed it to Gus, and created a folder in LibrariesCharacters called 'gus'. Went into the CR2 with Wordpad, changed the path on the 2nd or 3rd line (I fergit) to point to that (gus) directory.

2. Geometries- made a folder there, called it 'gus' (why not be consistent..;), copied the export object from UVMapper into there

3. Copied the hierarchy PHI file created by PHI builder under File|Hierarchy (whatever)

4. Haven't created the (what) .rsr file (and where and how do I make that? Thumbnail wouldn't be too hard, but how to convert it to an rsr file?) I know it has to be 80-odd pixels on a side, but can't rememeber the exact number.

5. Tried making bones, but evidently they have to be in a certain order (according to various tutorials) and point in specific directions. They snap in all sorts of directions if entered randomly. Deleting them seemed to make 1 bone just get larger and larger..;) There's something about being able to export a skeleton from an existing figure, but I can't figure out how that's done. Sheesh..;)

I now have a panel in the New Figures directory that comes up empty. This is likely because I have a feeling that somewhere, somehow, there should be code pointing to the object, maybe in the CR2 file? not sure where to look.

y'know, I should probably take this slowly; I'm learning to fly before learning to crawl..;) All I need to learn is how to edit CR2 and object files, make groups work for me (the names are there, but the functions aren't). I'm kinda wishing the Poser Joint Editor was a little more flexible; say the ability to drag and size bones to where they need to be (I think I've been modeling too long..;).

Quinlor's tut is pretty good, and for those who know the basics, probably a life-saver. I just need to get the skinny on the basic steps. Mebbe I'll take another look at one of Doc's tuts. Thanks to everyone now..and hopefully I have scared the Bejorans' out of anyone wanting to try this..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)