Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 6 Scoop at 3dcommune. Read it here!

Rayraz opened this issue on Aug 03, 2006 · 52 posts

Stephen Ray posted Sun, 06 August 2006 at 10:36 PM

(( DAZ has said FULL DS animation support into Bryce,Which means Poser support which means animated everything...))

If you have to go through DS ( Poser to DS to Bryce ) then the poser animation support will have problems.

I don't use DS because EVER YTIME, I tried bringing something out of poser ( 4,5,or 6 ) into DS some part of the Figure is messed up ( cloths or props missing etc...)

The IBL looks interesting.

But when stating {exporting Bryce native objects to other file formats}. Does that include Bryce Trees? Trees and Terrains are what Bryce does best. Exporting Bryce Primitives is not that big of a deal. Why spend days doing metaball, Boolean models. When the same, more efficient, realistic model, can be made in a modeling program in 1/10th of the time. So the ability to export Bryce Trees would be a big plus, for pros as well as amateur. Trees and Terrains only take minutes to make in Bryce, compared to hours in modeling programs.

I sure hope more vegetation support is included in B6, along with the ably to export it.

IMO that feature alone would be a strong selling point to the 3D community.

Stephen Ray