Forum: Bryce

Subject: Hot 20 replacement?

AgentSmith opened this issue on Jul 14, 2006 ยท 64 posts

Hythshade posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 2:48 AM

@ rochr Your absoulutely right. To much emphasis is placed on the top 20. I understand why Brycers feel the need to be in the top 20. It's because there's just not that many places for us to show off what it can do. If you want your work seen though, the renderosity top 20 or top 50 whatever it's called, isn't gonna get you noticed. There's a whole big world out there. I use Bryce professionally. I have commissioned dozens of novels, and numerous magazine covers over the last year. I'll never get rich doing this but a few hundred dollars per Bryce pic isn't to shabby, and it's doing what I love to do. I didn't get there though by being concerned if my work shows up in the renderosity top 20.

I don't post here much anymore because it's just become to easy to get lost here in the sheer numbers of users. Renderosity is a great community for learning about Bryce, or chatting with your friends. Just don't expect to get anywhere here as an artist. That's the real reason why the truly great ones are all leaving. Even they started to get trampled by all the hobbyist poser people.